Saturday, September 13, 2008

How it Began...


Well i thought it would be appropriate to bog about me and Jake's story for our first blog! We both were in the BYU 221st ward in Provo. The first night i met Jake me and my roommate Kambria went up to there apartment to visit Jake's roommate Jeremy Bell. Jake was up there packing for his "trip around the world". I have to admit i was kinda sad that he would be leaving for 3 months b/c i wanted to get to know him! We just started talking about all the different placing he was going to go ( i had just gotten back from a trip with my parents and he would be visiting some the exact same places)I guess you could say we kinda hit it off. :) So, me and Kambria left and went to go out to dinner, but as we walked across the grass Jake jumps out on the balcony and yells out, "I love you Lindsey, Kambria please take care of her for me until i get back!" I thought to myself what a weirdo!

So 3 long cold months passed and It was the start of the new year. I remember one night in January we went out for FHE to the Stake Presidents house. Jake came in and i had to take a double look b/c i knew i had seen him around before, and then it clicked, he was the boy that i have talked to before he went out on his world travels. He then looked over at me and smiled and tried to get my attention b/c i was wearing a UofU shirt. I thought to myself who is this boy...( i am not going to give him any attention at all!!) The next couple of weeks went by and i had seen him out and about and there was a casual hi that went back and forth. Then out of no where he was always where i was hanging out with the same people and going to the same events. We started to become really really good friends! WE would go to volleyball games, go camping, go out to dinner, watch the office together, go to baseball games together, and go to the pool and hot tub,we just had so much fun! I never really liked him more then a friend... i just always thought...Jake Palmer, one of my best friends!
That semester was finally over and it was time for him to go out selling for the summer! i have to say i was really sad :( My best friend was going to leave me for 4 months! we talked on the phone every night and texted all day, He had told me he really liked me, but i wasn't sure if i was starting to like him or not... i don't think i was ready for that. Finally the summer was over and he came back! A couple weeks went by and i went on dates with a bunch of different guys, but i always came back to Jake and would love to see him after my dates. There was one sunday when i saw him at church and i had finally made up my mind... i wanted to date him! I called him up on my way home from family dinner at aunt suz and uncle jeffs and told him i wanted to talk with him... We then dated for about 2 weeks and i was already headed down to St. George to Meet his family. After that weekend we decided to be boyfriend and girlfriend and that's how it all began!! I couldn't have asked for a better Husband!

3 comments:

Parker or Jessica said...

Boo Ya! Im the first comment on your new little blog. Im so glad you have joined the blogging world so I can know whats going on in your lives. Love you both xoxo

StantonParkerSmith said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! how sweet, glad to be a part of your lives!

Anonymous said...

haha oh yes I remember this well. I also thought Jake was a wierdo haha. But I love you both :)